Festive Baking For Kids! Christmas Snowmen Cupcakes Recipe by Ulster Weavers (6 Easy Steps) .
This fun and easy Snowman Cupcake recipe was created by our designer Hannah Coates, with aim of providing an entertaining snack for friends and family over the Christmas period.
The perfect activity for entertaining the kids during the school holidays, this simple recipe can be created with only a few ingredients, most of which can be found around the house!
What you will need
150ml Plain Yoghurt
200ml Vegetable Oil
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
200g Plain Flour
200g Caster Sugar
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
4 tsp Cocoa Powder
250g Soft Cheese
75ml Double Cream
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
12 Regular White Marshmallows
Smarties or M&M's
Method: How to make adorable Marshmallow Snowman Cupcakes
1. Put on your Snowflakes or Gnomes Apron.
2. For the icing, slowly melt the marshmallows on a low heat, while gradually pouring in the milk and stirring. Once completely melted; pour into a bowl and leave to cool. In another bowl, pour in the soft cheese and vanilla extract and whip together until smooth. Once the marshmallow mixture has cooled, gently fold in whipped double cream and leave to cool for a further hour.
3. For the cupcakes; preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade, 160 for a fan oven or gas mark 4 and line a 12-hole bun/muffin tin with festive cases. Pour the sugar, vanilla extract and oil into a large mixing bowl, and crack in two eggs. Mix together.
4. In a separate bowl, pour in the cocoa, flour and bicarbonate of soda, mix and then add half to the oil mixture. Beat together using an electric whisk and add in the yoghurt, and then the caster sugar. Grab two tablespoons and use to divide the mixture between the bun/muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes. Make sure to use a pair of our Oven Gloves to protect your hands!
5. Leave cupcakes to cool. Place the marshmallow icing into a piping bag, snip of about an inch from the end and begin piping a swirl onto the top of the cupcakes for the snowmen's bodies.
6. Use the icing pen to draw a jolly face onto a marshmallow and place on top of the icing to form a little head for your snowman. Delicately cut an orange jelly tot in half and use it for a nose, then add M&M's or Smarties for buttons and Matchmakers for arms! Repeat 12 times, for 12 adorable Snowmen Cupcakes to share with friends.
Ulster Weavers Ltd is a home textiles company based in Northern Ireland. Relying on 141 years of knowledge in textile production, Ulster Weavers prides itself on producing high quality products alongside excellent customer service.
Every product is developed by our in house design team to meet the demands of a 21st century market.
Production takes place in various sites throughout the world, including here in Northern Ireland, before undergoing strict testing procedures to uphold the quality of the end product to the highest standard. With an extensive homeware range containing an array of design and colour there is sure to be something to suit every customer. Products available are from our traditional textiles to range extension in melamine, paper and ceramic. Today, the company remains a family business with a worldwide reach.
Shop our full collection of locally designed products via the link below!
More from us...
Did you enjoy this recipe for Snowmen Cupcakes?
Check out our other easy-to-make recipes below!
Festive Baking! Easy Gluten Free Mince Pie Recipe by Ulster Weavers
Christmas Baking For Kids! Christmas Pudding Rice Krispie Cakes by Ulster Weavers.
Great British Bake Off's Val Stones' Lemon and Poppy Seed Madeira Cake
Lemon and Lavender Wildflower Cupcakes The Perfect Summer Treat