Afriend of Ulster Weavers, Jessica Cunningham (@peoniesandpoodles) has shared a fun and easy festive recipe with us. Dating back to medieval England (14th Century), Christmas Puddings have been a festive tradition for as long as we can remember.
A Traditional Christmas pudding should have 13 ingredients, these include: raisins, currants, suet, brown sugar, breadcrumbs, citron, lemon peel, orange peel, flour, mixed spices, eggs, milk and brandy, however, our modern day twist only includes 7!
This easy 8-step recipe makes the perfect pastime for entertaining the kids over the festive holidays! Get stuck in and share your results with us on Facebook and Instagram using #ulsterweavers.
Easy to make.
Ingredients for Christmas Pudding Inspired Rice Krispy Cakes
100g Milk Chocolate
80g White Chocolate
50g Rice Krispies or Coco Pops
30g Mini Marshmallows
Ready-Made Icing Holly Leaves or Premade Icing
1. Put on your Ulster Weavers Apron.
2. Grab a large mixing bowl and pour in Rice Krispies and raisins.
3. In a small saucepan on medium to low heat, place the milk chocolate, butter, and marshmallows and stir until the butter, chocolate and marshmallows begin to melt together.
4. Once melted pour the chocolate mixture on top of the Rice Krispies and raisins, then mix until thoroughly covered.
5. Line an egg cup with cling film. Take a tablespoon of the Rice Krispie mixture and gently press into the egg cup to form a round ball shape. Remove the cling film and place into a paper bun/cake case. Repeat 12 times and place into a refrigerator until chocolate hardens.
6. In a small bowl, gently microwave the white chocolate until melted (be careful not to burn it!).
7. With a tea spoon, drizzle a small amount of white chocolate over each rice cake and top with icing holly leaves.
8. Share with friends and enjoy!
We are delighted that Jessica took the time to create this yummy recipe to share with you. If you would like to see more from her, you can visit her Instagram page HERE.
Ulster Weavers Ltd is a home textiles company based in Northern Ireland. Relying on 141 years of knowledge in textile production, Ulster Weavers prides itself on producing high quality products alongside excellent customer service.
Every product is developed by our in house design team to meet the demands of a 21st century market.
Production takes place in various sites throughout the world, including here in Northern Ireland, before undergoing strict testing procedures to uphold the quality of the end product to the highest standard. With an extensive homeware range containing an array of design and colour there is sure to be something to suit every customer. Products available are from our traditional textiles to range extension in melamine, paper and ceramic. Today, the company remains a family business with a worldwide reach.
Shop our full collection of locally designed products via the link below!
More from us...
Did you enjoy this recipe for Christmas Pudding Rice Krispie Cakes?
Check out our other easy-to-make recipes below!
Great British Bake Off's Val Stones' Lemon and Poppy Seed Madeira Cake
Lemon and Lavender Wildflower Cupcakes The Perfect Summer Treat