Careers with Ulster Weavers
The Ulster Weavers brand is currently experiencing a period of significant growth as we expand our markets, we are currently operating worldwide and seeing sustained growth across the global landscape. Our brand leading products have been acknowledged world-wide as the finest in design, quality and value for money.
We are now seeking a Technical Administrator to come and join our innovative team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to develop and further their career with an exciting, forward thinking and dynamic company.
Job Title Technical Administrator
Hours of work Monday – Thursday 8am – 4.30pm
Friday 8am – 3.30pm
Location 1 – 6 St. Helen’s Business Park
Reporting to: Tim Paisley
Essential GCSE level education (Mathematics & English are essential.
Desirable An understanding of textiles would be an advantage but not essential.
Essential Excellent time management and organisational skills.
Attention to detail.
Essential Highly motivated and self-confident.
Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
Effective in a team environment.
Ability to communicate well with others.
Ability to plan.
Ability to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
Purpose of the Role
Working with the Quality and Design managers, to create and publish product specifications, accurately reflecting all design, technical and legal requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To utilise the UW Specification System to create and maintain all product specifications and product approvals.
- To ensure specifications are communicated in a timely fashion to the appropriate supplier(s).
- To facilitate the product approval process by processing all product sample submissions.
- Any additional customer specific product documentation to be collated and submitted in a timely fashion (in keeping with Critical Path as dictated by Critical Path Manager).
- To manage customer and internal product comments to ensure the approved product is fit for purpose and to customer requirements.
- To ensure any product comments are accurately communicated to suppliers to facilitate first-time approval of samples.
- To manage third party customer product approvals.
- To maintain the product sample submission filing and record keeping system in place in Ulster Weavers Holywood.
- To ensure any non-conformities at final stage of product approval are highlighted to the operations team to facilitate approval of bulk shipments and subsequent checks.
Additional Responsibilities – (Product related)
- Care label layouts to be communicated to suppliers as appropriate and recorded in Ulster Weavers Specification System.
- This includes approval of Product Barcode Layouts
- When requested by Operations Team and to provide support, product price labels and other sundries to be printed in-house.
- Any other duties as considered appropriate by the Operations Team.
Salary – To be confirmed.
We are an equal opportunities employer, we recruit on talent, expertise and attitude!
If you believe that you have got what it takes to join our team, please compete our application & FEC monitoring form and send along with a copy of your CV to: - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for Applications: - Friday 14September 2018.