Careers with Ulster Weavers
Job Title Stitcher
Hours of Work 8.00 am – 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday, 8.00 am – 3.30 pm Friday
(must be flexible; start/ finish times may vary depending on production schedule)
Reporting to UK Operations Manager
Main Purpose of the Job
Join an established team in the printing and manufacturing quality of kitchen textiles.
The role is specifically stitching textiles using industrial stitching machines and finishing the product in line with specifications.
- Operating industrial sewing machines and related devices in the production and manufacture of the kitchen textiles such as tea towels, aprons, bags and other products as required.
- Review and understand work order job specifications prior to beginning a project.
- Checking finished work against specifications and approved samples with full responsibility of stitching quality on all production orders
- Managing time effectively on each sewing project, stitching products with speed and accuracy within target time range for assigned work order.
- Ability to maintain records of all orders completed.
- Select thread according to the specification or colour of design.
- Maintain personal work area, including sewing machinery as necessary to keep work moving effectively.
- Assess and communicate ideas to improve processes to increase efficiency.
- Maintain stock records of threads, machine parts and other relevant components.
- Keeping area and workstation tidy at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned by UK Operations Manager
- Participate with the Printing Team in any other processes involved in production and shipping of kitchen textiles
- Ensure all company policy is complied with.
- Any other duties are carried out as required
- Must have min 4 years Industrial Stitching experience.
- Must have the ability to work to deadlines.
- Competent in the setting up, operating and maintenance of sewing machinery
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable – able to respond to varying demands in a time sensitive environment can work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
Business Development Executive
The Ulster Weavers brand is currently experiencing a period of significant growth as we expand our markets, we are currently operating worldwide and seeing sustained growth across the global landscape. Our brand leading products have been acknowledged world-wide as the finest in design, quality and value for money.
We are now seeking a Business Development Executive to come and join our innovative team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to develop and further their career with an exciting, forward thinking and dynamic company.
Job Title Business Development Executive
Hours of work Monday – Friday 9.00 – 17.00
Location Field Based - UK Mainland
Essential Good standard of education
Proven record in working to sales budgets and delivering targets
Experience in in a direct selling environment
Computer literate in the use of Excel and relevant programmes
Experience in ‘cold calling / approaching new customer
Experience in trade shows/exhibitions
Desired Sage accountancy system knowledge
Product category knowledge
Essential Excellent time management and organisational skills
Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Customer relationship management skills and able to demonstrate assertiveness
Logical approach to problem solving
Essential Highly motivated and self-confident
Ability to work on own initiative
Effective in a team environment
Essential Flexible approach to working hours in order to achieve the best results
Attend trade shows outside of standard working hours
Purpose of the Role
Develop and grow sales of retail catalogue and customer bespoke ranges on the territory assigned
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Plan an effective travel route to visit maximum number of customers
Establish, manage and develop customer accounts and maintain long term relationships
Create and deliver customer presentations tailored to customer needs
Supply information in a timely manner to assist with maintenance and growth of sales
Ensure customer orders and requests are passed for fulfilment in an efficient and timely manner
Research and development to identify and target new distribution ensuring brand integrity
Provide information to the Design Department relating to product trends and design in the market
Meet and exceed set budgets
Maintain a deliverable margin on sales
Work with and expand the B2B division of the company
Liaise with Quality Control Department for any product complaints
Communicate with Credit Control Department to ensure effective debt recovery where necessary
Attend trade shows promoting the company out of standard working hours
Promote the company’s ability to provide a bespoke design/development service
Provide customer briefing requirements in a timely manner to the Design Team
Ensure effective liaison with Costing Team to provide pricing for bespoke design briefs
Ensure all bespoke product stock is sold within the set guidelines for the appropriate customer
Salary – To be confirmed.
We are an equal opportunities employer, we recruit on talent, expertise and attitude!
If you believe that you have got what it takes to join our team, please compete our application & FEC monitoring form and send along with a copy of your CV to: - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for Applications: - 5pm Friday 13th July 2018.