Delicious Non-Bake Fifteen's Recipe - 8 Simple Steps for a Scrumptious Sweet Treat!
Ofriend of Ulster Weavers, Lynne ( lynne_bramble_barn) has kindly shared a traditional Northern Irish recipe for delicious Fifteens, a sweet marshmally treat, perfect for a cuppa tea!
What you will need
Method: How to make Tasty Homemade Fifteens
1. Put on your Wildflower Apron.
2. Gather your ingredients! You will need; 15 Large Marshmallows, 15 Digestive Biscuits, 15 Glace Cherries, 15 Walnut Halves, 200g Condensed Milk,and 100g of Dried/Dessicated Coconut.
3. Place your digestives into a plastic sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin until finely crumbled. Chop each cherry and walnut in half, then snip the marshmallows with wet scissors into four pieces.
4. Put all of these ingredients into a large baking bowl, gradually add condensed milk and mix until combined.
5. Lay out a large sheet of tin foil, sprinkle over half of the coconut and gently ease the mixture on top. Using wet hands, begin to form into a log and once finished sprinkle the rest of the coconut on top and around the sides.
6. Carefully roll tin foil around the log shaped mixture and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours to set.
7. When ready, unroll from the tin foil and cut the log into thick slices (approx 2cm). and place into bun or cake cases.
Ulster Weavers Ltd is a home textiles company based in Northern Ireland. Relying on 141 years of knowledge in textile production, Ulster Weavers prides itself on producing high quality products alongside excellent customer service.
Every product is developed by our in house design team to meet the demands of a 21st century market.
Production takes place in various sites throughout the world, including here in Northern Ireland, before undergoing strict testing procedures to uphold the quality of the end product to the highest standard. With an extensive homeware range containing an array of design and colour there is sure to be something to suit every customer. Products available are from our traditional textiles to range extension in melamine, paper and ceramic. Today, the company remains a family business with a worldwide reach.
Shop our full collection of locally designed products via the link below!
More from us...
Did you enjoy this recipe for Irish Fifteens?
Check out our other easy-to-make recipes below!
Festive Baking! Easy Gluten Free Mince Pie Recipe by Ulster Weavers
Christmas Baking For Kids! Christmas Pudding Rice Krispie Cakes by Ulster Weavers.
Great British Bake Off's Val Stones' Lemon and Poppy Seed Madeira Cake
Lemon and Lavender Wildflower Cupcakes The Perfect Summer Treat